First Baptist Church was established in April, 1915 by Dr. J.C. DuBose and fifteen charter members. By 1916, those first church members had completed a beautiful wooden sanctuary that could seat 300, the population of the town at that time. A second wooden sanctuary was annexed to the original building in 1936, allowing a seating capacity of 500. Our present Georgian-Colonial sanctuary was erected in 1962. The two original wooden buildings were torn down in 1993, leaving a concrete block addition, which was renovated to become our Mission Center.
Other stages of growth included the Education and Preschool buildings. In 1993 our vision for a new area with an adequate social hall, kitchen facilities, classrooms and activities space was realized with the completion of our Family Life Center.
With increased growth in our community and an increasing need for ministry to children and their families, First Baptist opened up a new Children's Ministry Center in January 2007.
Our history continues to expand and focus on ministering to people and sharing the love of Jesus with the community. FBC has been and continues to participate in International Missions, North American Missions, new church starts in our community and ministries throughout the state of Florida. The history of God's body called First Baptist is only a reflection of the future for His congregation.